Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Scrapping Girl Style {Dusty Attic & Maja Design}


Hi all, Gabrielle here with you today to share my latest layout I made of one of my adorable little great-nieces.  I felt like doing a more feminine shabby-chic style page today so I used some papers from the newest Maja Design collection called 'A Gift For You' mixed in with bits and pieces of some of the other Maja Design collections.  And of course I accented with lots of my favorite Dusty Attic chippies!


One of my favourite scroll/flourish chippies is the Corner Flourish #1, which I used in the corner of the page design.  A way I often like to treat my chipboard pieces is to give it a coat or two of gesso, stamp some random script words on the piece, rub the edges with a bit of brown chalk ink (here I used Ingvild Bolme's 'Branch Bark' ink) and gave the whole thing a coat of crackle varnish.


I made the flowers on this page using a patterned paper in the Maja collection called 'A Gift For You'....I went with the scripty paper called 'Hope to See You Soon', it used both sides of this paper using a EK Success floral punch 'Retro Flower' in 2 medium and large size.  I partially inked the edges of the petals with a pink ink (Colorbox Dusty Rose) leaving some areas natural.  I then gave them all a light spritz of water and wrinkled the petals.  I added some stamen centers to complete the floral design.  As an extra accent around the photo I added one of the Dusty Attic Corset chippies and a piece of the Wrought Iron Fence chippies treated with a 3D bronze paint and a dab of Dusty Attic Oceana paint to give it a tarnished look.  I also added a small accent in the mini Lock & Keys (under the floral cluster).


Another favourite chipboard piece for me is the Zippers set, here I used it on the inside edge of the banner piece that I cut from a piece of  dotted paper from the Maja Design Vintage Spring collection.  I used a title chipboard piece from the Dusty Attic Word Packet #4, giving it a similar treatment that I gave the corner flourish.  The little butterflies were cut from 'Butterflies are Free' from Maja's 'Coffee In the Arbour' collection.

Maja Design Papers used in this Project:
~ A Gift For You (Handwritten Postcards-bs, My Dear Friend-bs, Hope to See You Soon, Hope to See You Soon-bs, Wrapped In Old Newspaper-bs)
~ Vintage Spring Basics (7th of May)
~ Coffee In the Arbour (Buttterflies Are Free, Raspberry Jam Cookies-bs)
~ Vintage Autumn Basics (XVI)

Dusty Attic Products used in this Project:
~ Lacing Tash (corset lacing)

I hope you enjoyed checking out my project for today.  I know many of you are asking where to get Maja Design Paper and Dusty Attic Chipboard.   You can find this newest collection (Plus many other Maja Design papers) at The Scrapbook Diaries HERE (Janene ships USA and International as well).  Dusty Attic chipboard can also be found at The Scrapbook Diaries HERE.  Another site that carries a large variety of Dusty Attic Chipboard is Moments of Tranquility HERE.  I also just found out that The Scrapping Bug (Canada) has Dusty Attic chipboard in their online store as well HERE.  And NEW news is that Dusty Attic now also sells their chipboard directly from their own website AUS (you no longer have to be a retailer to order) HERE.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today, your kind words and feedback just make my day! xo xo


11 comments:

Patty O'Malley said...

Your creations are always so fantastic and beautiful, Gabi! Love the zipper on the banner.

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

Lovely LO Gabrielle. Beautiful feminin colours, love the hearts and the way you've used the zipper.
Greetings Miranda

Lori Anderson said...

Gracious but these are lovely!

Rita said...

Wow! This LO is gorgeous. . . . You are simply the best! ♡ Rita

Lizzyc said...

Oh my goodness! How pretty and feminine this is! Love the chippies you have used, love the zipper, love the hearts and your flowers are divine! Really really pretty layout!

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous layout, love every detail!

Val-Belle said...

Oh Gabi you have no idea how much I love Maja papers and I get so frustrated when we cannot get it here. I managed to get the coffee in the arbour collection and I don't want to use it cause then it will be gone. I dont think that it is possible not to create a gorgeous layout with them either.
Having said all that... I love your layout. The colours are so soft and pretty and your nieces are adorable.... love it

Janene said...

Beautiful as always! Thanks for mentioning - you do rock those lacing zipper pieces! :)

Di Garling said...

BEAUTIFUL as always Gabbi. love it.

Janie said...

Beautiful products, really lovely design, thanks for sharing.

Tone-Lill said...

Amazing and Delightful...love the zipper. Thanks for the inspiration :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails