Sunday, August 31, 2014

I'm Guest Designer for September at Flying Unicorn!!


Hi everyone!  I was honored to be asked to be the Guest Designer at The Flying Unicorn for the month of September, and was just blown away when I opened the package which had the Main kit (above), and the Mixed Passion, the Mixed Art and the Small Art Big Passion kits (shown below).




The kits just had my mind filling with fun projects and ideas!  The products Alda puts together are so unique and beautiful!  Some of my favorite parts where the amazing metal accents found in each of the kits!  Over the next few days I will be sharing projects I've made using these gorgeous products (and maybe a video tutorial or two?) :)

For starters I'm going to share with you all today an OTP (off the page) project I made using this cute cute dress form that came with the kits......


Here is what I made with the dress form, I used the patterned papers included in the kits (I used mainly the 6x6 papers for the skirt, and I used the cool frayed canvas strip found in the kit as well for this.


I used a wet paper technique to shape the paper to fit the dress form, layered in some lace and tulle and finished it with blooms from the kit.  I added some french flair by adding rub-ons to the dress form body and stand.

Tomorrow I will share with you all the layouts and card I created with these lovely collections and further on in the week (Thursday) I will share a canvas and video tutorial using the kit goodies!  So be sure to drop back in!  In the mean time if you are excited by what you see and would like to get your order in  (and also see some peeks at what the super talented design team did with these kits) be sure to drop by the Flying Unicorn Forum!

Thanks for stopping by today! xo



22 comments:

Frk. Bogstad said...

Oh my goodness .. I'm stunned with all the nice stuff you've got!! But you are worth it ;) And you make the most wonderful layout's etc. And the dress form: WOW!

Unknown said...

Oh, Gabi...
This is so phenomenal!!! I love how you stamped the dress form and created so much movement in the dress! Incredible how you have manipulated the paper for so many layers of beautiful dimension! LOVE this!!!!

Patty O'Malley said...

Oh, this is so pretty! The kits look gorgeous! Can't wait to see what else you've made!

My name is Cindy said...

Just gorgeous! Love your work.

Liz's creative corner said...

Oh wow this is gorgeous hun, love the way you've used all the products, just gorgeous, can't wait to see the other creations, hugs Liz xx

Lilli said...

Really great job!

Lilli said...

Really great job!!!

Carin said...

How tall is the dress form?

Love what you did with the wet paper, it looks just like fabric. Awesome project!!!

Bunny Dobbie said...

Gorgeous dress! Heck I'd wear it! Let's all pretend I have that figure and actually could. Ha!
You really got the paper to behave like cloth for you. Fabulous!

bernii miller said...

SUNNING work Gabby ♥ Amazed at your work as always xx

AngelkissesbyLinda said...

I already commented on this gorgeous creation but I thought I would jump back on and ask if you will ever do a tutorial on molding the paper to make that yummy one you made for your dress form?

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

I'm speechless!!!! Such a beautiful dress, so realistic! Can't wait to see what else you made. Hugs xx

Beatrice Lawson said...

So looking forward to the videos, I love them. Your techniques are always amazing.

Becky said...

wow Gabby! This is gorgeous.

Tammy said...

Wow!!! Amazing creation!! Love your take on the OTP!!!

Lizzyc said...

WOW WOW WOW this dress form is sooo beautiful.. love the bodice, the lace and the layered hem too.. cant wait to see what else you create with this amazing kit!

Denise said...

Gabi, this is AMAZING to say the least..so shabby chic!! I love love love!

Tristan Robin said...

I just love the way you've pleated and swagged and fit the paper to the bodice and skirt of the dress form.

Would you mind sharing just how wet the paper was when you were shaping it? I tried it, and I think my paper was too wet because the papier mache base started to disintegrate.

I just love the way you make things come to life!

Linda Pekrul said...

I was so excited to hear you are a guest with Flying Unicorn! Your dress form is utterly beautiful! I'm really looking forward to seeing what you've done with the rest of the kit!

Lisa Landry said...

This is so fabulously dainty!

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

What gorgeous goodies to play with! Your dress form is so pretty, it's wonderful how you've made the paper look like fabric!
Rebecca.

westwind said...

Gabrielle,

I think this is beautiful. Would you consider doing a tutorial on sculpting the dress?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails