Sunday, April 7, 2013

April ATC Challenge Theme for Dusty Attic - Morrocan!

Hi everyone!  I'm delighted to share with you my take on this months 'Morrocan' theme for the ATC challenge over at Dusty Attic!!  A few months back my dear husband and I and a few of our friends went to a Morrocan restaurant complete with belly dancers!  So much fun!! One of the things that really struck me about the place was the ornate decorating and the use of lots of sheer, shimmery curtains.  So I thought I would incorporate that into my ATC.  Here is a closer close-up of this ATC :).... 
The organza sheer piece of fabric was a little fussy to work with but it helped to use the extra ornate corner florish to sandwich the drapery piece between that and the new ATC frame.  I also used one of the cute lil Morrocan Mini lamps for this one.  Here are the products I used to make this ATC...
Supplies:
~ ATC Frame #4
~ Mini Morrocan Lamps
~ Ornate Corners #8
~ Dusty In Color (Navajo White)
~Background paper: Bo Bunny
 
I hope you have a chance to play along this month in the Morrocan Challenge.  Our amazing design team has lots of inspiring ATC's to share with you, so keep your eye peeled to the Dusty Attic blog for more ideas! xo
 

12 comments:

cebelica said...

This is wonderful!

Jan Rankine said...

I just love this!!!

Margaret Mifsud said...

This is gorgeous Gabrielle. Love the bright colour of the organza and the stickles underneath, it complements the piece perfectly. ox Marg

Romy said...

Your ATC is such a great take on the Moroccan theme! I love the oriental feel to it and the touch of organza.

angel said...

Piękne Atc!:)

Patty O'Malley said...

Ohhhh my! I just love ATCs and this one is so beautiful and unique. Love the brown and blue colors together. Going back to stare at it some more!!

Teresa Jaye said...

oh WOW you've perfectly captured the Morrocan theme - this ATC is completely lovely!

Lizzyc said...

That looks amazing, I am just waiting for the belly dancer to swoon out from behind the curtain.. love it!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Gabi~ This looks like it was so much fun! - tricky, but fun! LOL Thanks for sharing. The DA Chippies are so incredible, love your unique style here~

Judy said...

This is gorgeous...what great inspiration! Beautiful creation.

xo

Unknown said...

What a stunning ATC,such wonderful detailing on such a small scale too..simply beautiful.Jacqueline.S

Les créations de ange27 said...

Wow! I love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails