Friday, July 13, 2012

I Love Me Some Dusty Attic! :)

Here is another layout I've been working on that I'm having framed for a series of engagement photos that I'm giving as a gift to my nephew and his new bride.  I really loved this photo of them taken by this old rusted out pick-up truck.  I wanted the page to have a bunch of distressed aged elements so I use a bunch of my Dusty Attic chippies and gave them a weathered look.  For this layout I used The Fancy Flourish #2 and the Mini Cogs (which I gave the Verdigris finish found in my tutorials at the right side of the blog), the Baroque Corner and ATC Frames Set #1 (which I finished by painted with Gesso and then adding some dimensional silver Perfect Pearls to give a 3D look) as well as the Mini Hour Glass (which I finished by first painting white, adding some bronze and aqua paint and used a little glue in glass area and applied real sand).  Here are some close-up shots of my page.... 
I thought the zipper design would be a nice addition to this page as well.  I actually snipped this zipper out of an old pair of pants :) 


The papers and blooms I used for this page are all Prima (from the Almanac collection).  I thought they had that nice aged look to them and the soft pinkish tones matched the rusted colors in the old pick-up truck.  I used some little torn bits of book paper to add more of a tattered look to the layout a well.  (Look for old books at thrift stores, I picked mine up for pennies!  They come in really handy for scrapping!)

Before I sign out today I just want to remind you all that I'll be doing a Live Chat over at Swirlydoo's on Monday night (July 16th) at 7:00 EST ....hope you come and join me....and get your questions ready, I'm happy to answer if I can!  .....hopefully I won't be sitting there with the crickets! lol! 

27 comments:

scrappymo! said...

I know you won't be sitting there with the crickets cuz there is going to be a boatload of people that want to chat with you.

Your talent inspires me! I can rarely post my layouts cuz my family doesn't let me put their pictures on the internet:)

But I can scraplift you to my hearts content at home!!!

Scrappy Pink Corner said...

This layout is gorgeous. So pretty. I am sure your nephew and his new bride will love it and appreciate it knowing that it was made with love.
ANA

Norma G. said...

Gorgeous layout!

Cindy Gay said...

I particularly like the folded back part with the clock in view and the lace. Great prop in their photo! Happy Friday!

Edilza Teixeira Scrap e Artes said...

Oi Gabrielle!!!

Amei cada detalhe do seu LO, vejo essa renda e como se fosse um zíper abrindo e de fundo o relógio, tudo perfeito, detalhes de papel de livro envelhecido, borboletas, relógios, tudo tem um toque especial. Amo os suas criações, harmoniosas e criativas!!!

Beijos e tenha uma final de semana abençoado e iluminado.

Sandra said...

What a simply gorgeous page, I really love it and I love all the special techniques used, just beautiful.

Lizzyc said...

HI.. this is stunnign.. how beautiful and I love the shabby feel with the distressing... and what time will that be for me who is in australia (brisbane) would love to come by, you are such an inspiration to me..

glorygirl said...

This. Is. Amazing. Love every single detail of this page!!!

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Ah...another beautiful design, I love your zipper {am thinking how you adhere it on the layout?}. Your nephew and his bride will love this very special gift!
Hugs!
Asmah

Romy said...

Oh wow, this turned out gorgeous! I love the teared corner with the lace peeking out.

Mailee said...

so beautiful! Love the rustic look.

morkaren said...

Hold da op hvor er det godt, man kan blive ved at finde nye spændene detaljer, utroligt som du er dygtig. knus morkaren.

angel said...

CUDOWNY!!!!:)

Gitte said...

Wauw its beautiful. I love your style.

Crafty Loops said...

Gabrielle your layouts are always so stunning and blow me away. I love it. Lee x

Theresa said...

Love the layers and the details. Thanks as always for sharing.

Patty O'Malley said...

I can't think of a more wonderful present than what you are making here. So beautiful! Truly a treasure!

Jak said...

Wow! Stunning as always, love all the detailing x

Chrissy said...

This is amazing Gabrielle...gorgeous photo and all the elements and layout is stunning...gorgeous work.

luv CHRISSYxx

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Such an amazing LO. Love all the layering and attention to detail, and your chipboard treatments are stunning!! Thanks for the inspiration!! I don't think you'll be keeping the crickets company on Monday. I hope to be there. ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

mirrored bedroom furniture said...

Hello
I like this post, and loved that certain regards for organizing. You are amazing! Thanks!

Bonnie said...

Stunning! I love this layout! TFS, Bonnie :-)

phamil said...

What a gorgeous photo, love that old truck!!! I think my favorite part of this page is the clock tucked behind with the lace border, so unique looking! But I love all your little special touches, love the texture and the colors! Beautiful page!

Eila Sandberg said...

Woohoo! me too, love that old truck! gorgeous use of the Prima, you sure have created some amazing pages for them! adore how you tuck in little bits and bobs and all your delightful details. Bellissima Gabi, bellissima!! :))

Unknown said...

I really appreciate spending some time to talk about that, I believe firmly regarding this and so really enjoy understanding more about this kind of subject.Keep up the good work!

spider man 3 | angry birds 2011 | angry birds seasons

dreamer said...

A other one to add to your fantastic, collections, there is only one word that your are fabulous at what you do,,,,
But please can you put up a video now and again, on your blog, I loved them so much, and miss them, For all your fans
Regards Wendy. From the land of oz. xx

Tracy said...

Your work is stunning!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails